Benefits of Membership
When you become a member, your voice will be added to those of more than 17,000 individuals who are committed to changing the food system for the better. Slow Food is the only organization that celebrates the delicious tastes of our nation, honors the unsung heroes of our tables, and brings together those committed to make a difference in our food system.
From tasting twenty heirloom varieties of tomatoes, to changing local policy on school lunches, to providing farmers with financial support after disasters, your membership helps you take action where it’s needed most. As a member you can get involved with your local chapter, as well as be a part of the largest international network of food activists.
When you become a member of Slow Food, your support helps us move towards a more delicious and sustainable future. Your membership dues support and further the growth of national and international programs. Your membership benefits also include:
- A one-year subscription to the Snail journal, which covers good, clean and fair food issues such as: sustainable seafood, food systems education, alternative food distribution, protecting biodiversity and regional food traditions.
- The Food Chain, our monthly e-newsletter that highlights the activities of our 200+ chapters, our diverse programs and the latest headlines in food sustainability.
- A personal membership card and, for new members, an electronic copy of the Slow Food Companion.
- Membership in your local chapter and invitations to local, national and international Slow Food events ranging from seasonal feasts to film festivals, farm tours to taste workshops.
- Discounts on merchandise including the Slow Food Guides to New York City, Chicago and San Francisco, as well as other items in our General Store. Call for member discount or order through the monthly Food Chain.
- Tax-deductible donation.